Hi Hengyu,

Thank you for writing such a great blog post this week. I really enjoyed reading your summary about the traditional educational model, and why it is not suitable for all students. Like you, I agree the current educational model fails to consider there is no such thing as an “ordinary student.” For example, in classrooms, it is usually a single style of instruction which is being used to teach several unique students. Considering this, I appreciate the suggestions you listed in your post to create an inclusive learning environment. I particularly like your idea of fostering collaboration and learning through discussion. This can help create a sense of community in the class, and promote a supportive learning environment. Additionally, I think it is great that you did not set a standard for how students choose to execute their discussion. In my experience, having students follow a standard format for discussion can make the exchange unnatural and awkward; therefore, providing students with the liberty to guide their own discussions may increase their sense of comfort and willingness to participate.

Great work!

Xinh

Hi Ariana,

You made some awesome suggestions in your blog post this week to remove barriers to learning. Personally, when I think of students who may not have equal learning opportunities, I picture students with visual or auditory impairments; therefore, I appreciate that you went into greater depth in your post by acknowledging students who have difficulty concentrating, or those with social anxiety. Although I struggle with anxiety, I never considered myself as someone with barriers to learning. However, after reading your post, I realize there have definitely been opportunities where my learning was limited by my anxiety, and I think the suggestions you made can help minimize barriers to learning for similar students. In particular, I like your idea of having an anonymous question session, for it will likely benefit all students and not just those with anxiety. Additionally, your proposal for implementing regular movement breaks will be great for students who are struggling to pay attention in class. Regarding your suggestions for students with visual and auditory impairments, I think they adequately address their needs, and will help create an environment in which learning is accessible to everyone.

Great job!

Xinh